Saturday, September 10, 2005


A pain to endure

A toothache is a most miserable lind of pain, perhaps second only to earaches, and open heart surgery. I am not alone in my absolute hatred of toothaches. Since becoming a diabetic, I have had an average of one a year, and it is getting really old, really quickly. I am alomost to the point of looking forward to having all the teeth removed, and go to dentures. That has never been my first choice, but it is beginning to have a certain appeal if it means no more pain

In the meantime, I think I may take out some stock in Del Pharmaceuticals, the manufacturers of OraJel, since I may have some return on all the money I will be spending to keep the pain to a minimum. But, on the positive side, I have an appointment with the doctor on Monday, and will be parking my butt at the dental office in the hopes that there is a cancellation and I can be slipped in for a referral.

That's the drawback of having the health problems I do. Nothing is as simple as it should be. With the heart condition and the apnea, in order to get dental work, I have to be put under now, which while preferable as far as I am concerned, raises the bar so to speak. It becomes more involved, and more expensive. But, better safe than sorry.

No comments: